Meet The 2022 Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport
Yamaha released its 2022 models this week with a brand new "model" of RMAX2 1000 making its debut. That would be the 2022 Yamaha RMAX2 1000 Sport. Like so many side-by-side manufacturers, Yamaha is now building purpose-specific editions of it's product lines where in this case the RMAX2 1000 Sport is equipped for a more "sporty" look and capability. Now you want to know the nitty-gritty of what makes the Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport unique. Here is the list:
- Dual spring FOX 2.0 shocks with 24-clicks full high-speed and low-speed compression adjustability along with preload adjustment. In addition there is more bottoming-out resistance on the Sport model.
- Beadlock wheels with Yamaha blue accents
- 30-Inch GBC Terra Master tires that were developed for the RMAX. They offer an asymmetrical design with two different tread patterns configuration options. One soft side or you can flip the tire for hard terrain. They are also 10-ply rated.
- Don't forget the sport systling unique to the Sport model.
All of these things are in addition to all the goodies that come on a Wolverine RMAX. Think D-Modes (big fan), 999cc engine, big 14.2 and 16.9-inches of front and rear travel respectively, automotive-level interior with comfy high-back seats. We are fans of the Wolverine RMAX 1000 and you can read our First Impressions of our RMAX4 test vehicle in the Related Posts below.
If a sporty look is what you are going for alongside a more adjustable sport-inspired suspension, then this is your RMAX 2 1000 model. The model press release is below.
Yamaha RMAX2 1000 Sport- $22,599
Yamaha Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport Press Release
2022 Wolverine RMAX 1000: The Ultimate Off-Road Adventure Machine
Wolverine RMAX 1000 models radiate dominance, powered by an advanced 999cc twin-cylinder engine housed in an optimized chassis built for next-level capability, extreme terrainability, and remarkable rigidity in two- and four-seat configurations. Power and engine braking in the RMAX 1000 can be tailored for a variety of off-road situations with Yamaha’s D-Mode in LE, XT-R, and Sport models (pre-wired and available as a Yamaha Genuine Accessory in RMAX 1000 R-Spec versions) via the Yamaha Chip-Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) system. Yamaha’s D-Mode offers three power delivery settings to match the driver’s mindset and trail conditions: “Crawl” for smooth throttle control and full engine braking in slow-speed, technical driving situations, “Trail” with linear throttle response for a fun, relaxed ride with full engine braking, and “Sport” with a quick throttle response and optimized engine braking for an overall aggressive, fast-paced experience. To further match each unique terrain and driving style, all three D-Mode settings utilize the RMAX1000’s full engine power and 8,500 rpm redline.
The new 2022 Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport brings a whole new level of performance to sport-minded drivers, featuring new adjustable FOX 2.0 shocks designed to deliver quality damping feel at higher speeds, without sacrificing low-speed comfort. The new shocks include 24 clicks of high- and low-speed compression adjustment, dual springs, and a crossover coupling for adjustable pre-load, offering a sportier handling feel with increased high-speed bottoming resistance. The RMAX2 1000 Sport retains its best-in-class 13.8-inches of ground clearance, 14.2-inches of front, and 16.9-inches of rear suspension travel for ultimate capability in nearly any terrain.
In addition to new sport-inspired color, graphics, and seat cover design, the RMAX2 1000 Sport dons a “square” tire setup (same size front and rear) with new 30-inch GBC Terra Master 10-ply rated radial tires for versatile riding options and rugged durability. Featuring a unique asymmetrical design with each side different than the other, the Terra Masters offer contrasting ride and handling characteristics, depending on the setup. “Side A,” the stock setup, offers a larger void ratio with horizontal lugs for soft to intermediate terrain, increasing forward acceleration and enhanced braking. “Side B” offers a smaller void ratio with circumferential grooves for improved grip in the corners and a greater contact patch on intermediate to hard off-road surfaces.
Additional 2022 Wolverine RMAX 1000 Features:
- Ultra-reliable Ultramatic CVT transmission backed by an industry-exclusive Yamaha 10-Year Belt Warranty.
- Yamaha’s rugged On-Command system with 2WD, 4WD limited slip, and 4WD full-differential lock.
- Yamaha-exclusive Speed Management System (pre-wired on all RMAX 1000, standard in RMAX2 1000 LE and all RMAX4 1000 models), seamlessly limits the vehicle’s top speed to 25 mph by simply turning a removable key, making it ideal for work sites and other specialized operating conditions.
- Yamaha Adventure Pro dash-mounted and fully-integrated on XT-R and LE models, yet lockable and removable for maximum exploration and adventure sharing (pre-wired on R-Spec and Sport models).
- Heavy-duty WARN VRX 4,500-pound winch factory-installed on XT-R and LE versions (prewiring and mounting points on R-Spec and Sport models).
- 3-way adjustable FOX QS3 (R-Spec and XT-R models) or iQS (LE models) shocks mounted to wide-arc A-arms for high-quality damping and maximum clearance.
- Yamaha’s exclusive torque- and speed-sensitive Electric Power Steering (EPS), providing light-effort steering, balanced feedback, and precise steering-character to further reduce vibration and driver fatigue.
- Comfort-focused automotive interior with industry-exclusive soft-touch points.
- Bright LED headlights, marker lights, taillights with class-exclusive reverse lights, and interior lighting, including backlit switches.
- 2,000-pound towing capacity via a standard 2-inch hitch receiver.
- 600-pound-rated bed capacity with easy-to-operate automotive-style tailgate.
- Hydraulic piston-assist dump bed for optimal utility use on two-seat models.
- Simple-to-stow full-size rear seats on RMAX4 1000 vehicles allows versatility for expanded cargo or passenger capacity.
- 30-inch square tire setup on two-seat models and 29-inch staggered tire setup on 4-seat models, all set on 14-inch wheels, minimizing pinch-flats and maximizing off-road capability and durability.
For more information check out the Yamaha Wolverine RMAX 1000 Website