The NEW Polaris RZR Pro R & RZR Turbo R- Yep It's A Game Changer
Today is a big day for Polaris and the side-by-side off-road industry as Polaris unveiled the new RZR Pro R and RZR Turbo R. We tend to shy away from drama, but both of these new RZRs really are game changers. Yes, they look like the RZR XP Pro vehicles, but in most ways the similarities end there. Starting with the suspension both the RZR Pro R and RZR Turbo R come with 74-inch wide suspension setups with BIG suspension numbers and completely stepped-up suspension components to handle the power brought to bare by their respective engines. Speaking of engine, the RZR Pro R has arrived with an the ProStar Fury inline naturally aspirated 2.0 liter 4-cylinder (yes 4-cylinder) engine producing 225 horsepower. The RZR Turbo R comes with the 181-horsepower twin available in the RZR Pro XP. Both RZRs can be equipped with the DYNAMIX DV Live Valve suspension system which now controls independently both compression and rebound settings based upon the mode the driver chooses, which now includes four modes. There are also the 3 throttle control modes including Sport, Race, and Rock a user can choose from. Don’t forget a 5-lug 15-inch wheel setup, completely new driveline, a single piece chassis, and throw in a 2WD, 4WD open diff, and 4WD locked front diff setup. Below is a list of of highlights on both vehicles and the intro video. Stay tuned for more info in the next couple of days. OH and we want to both of these real bad!
RZR Pro R- $31,999+
RZR Pro R 4- $35,999+
- 225 Horsepower – The naturally-aspirated, 2.0L, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled and fuel-injected ProStar Fury is the biggest engine ever put in a stock side-by-side, and it’s cooler running, well balanced and reliable.
- Instant Power Delivery – A larger clutch and belt take the power from the revolutionary ProStar Fury 2.0L engine and smoothly deliver it to the ground, giving you instant acceleration off the line.
- Selectable Throttle Control – Select from one of three throttle control modes (Sport, Rock, Race) to adjust throttle sensitivity, ensuring you have the right power, just when you need it.
- Stronger Driveline – The shafts and knuckles in the RZR Pro R are stronger than ever before and a new torque limiter helps protect the front drive from sudden surges during power-on landings.
- Dual Path Clutch Cooling – Totally redesigned air flow system minimizes heat for a longer belt life and more ride time.
- Robust Components – A one-piece chassis coupled with a fully-welded roll cage, strengthened hubs, and massive boxed steel A-arms provide increased rigidity, durability and strength in all conditions, giving you the confidence to go further, more often.
- 74-Inch Stance – Wide stance provides maximum stability through rough terrain, while the MaxLink 29-inch suspension with rear toe link soaks up the terrain and keeps the 32-inch Maxxis® Rampage Fury tires planted and tracking, even at high-speeds.
- DYNAMIX DV – Conquer the terrain with four new suspension & steering modes that monitor inputs from driver and machine hundreds of times every second and automatically adjust compression and rebound damping independently to help keep all wheels in contact with the ground.
- Suspension to Stay Planted – Fully boxed steel front A-arms with three-piece stabilizer bars and FOX® 3.0 Live Valve X2 Internal Bypass shocks provide 27 inches of usable travel up front, while stout, boxed trailing arms with patented rear toe link, high-clearance radius rods, three-piece stabilizer bar and another set of FOX® 3.0 Live Valve X2 Internal Bypass shocks offer industry-leading 29 inches of usable travel in the rear.
- Own the Experience – RIDE COMMAND puts the controls right at the fingertips, whether it’s keeping track of the ride group with the innovative GPS technology, monitoring suspension and ride settings, or setting the playlist to blast through the Rockford Fosgate® audio system. Fold-flat storage and bolstered bucket seats with four-way adjustability and multi-point harnesses bring next-level comfort and convenience to the thrill ride.
- Stopping Power – 4-wheel hydraulic discs with triple-bore front and dual-bore rear calipers and aluminum top hat rotors give the rider definitive response at the pedal and bring the machine to a halt.
The RZR Pro R will be available in Sport, Premium, and Ultimate trims, and will begin arriving in dealerships early 2022
RZR Turbo R- $31,999+
RZR Turbo R 4- $35,999+
- 181 Horsepower – Powering RZR Turbo R over dunes, trail and rock is a factory-installed turbo engine designed for strong corner-to-corner acceleration with the power on demand to stay out in front.
- Low-End Power Delivery – RZR Turbo R has a lower low gear that offers plenty of torque at low RPM, and rolls on the power smoothly up into powerband to capably crawl around demanding terrain.
- One-Piece Chassis – The one-piece chassis is built to last and allows the machine’s superior suspension components to operate at peak performance and soak up the whoops.
- Boxed Steel Suspension Componentry – RZR Turbo R is engineered with boxed front dual A-arms and a massive suspension system, designed to capably withstand the most rugged and demanding off-road terrain.
- Strengthened Components – A strengthened roll cage and unitized hubs, combined with a one-piece chassis, offers a level of overall strength rarely seen from a bone stock side-by-side.
- 74" Wide Stance – The widest stance RZR offered coupled with the revolutionary MaxLink 28” Suspension system soaks up the bumps and holds the line.
- Optimized Wheelbase – With a 96-inch wheelbase on the 2-seat and 125-inch on the 4-seat, riders will feel the stability and optimal turning radius for tackling tighter, more challenging trails.
- DYNAMIX DV – Just as with the RZR Pro, the RZR Turbo R conquers any terrain with four new suspension & steering modes that monitor inputs from driver and machine hundreds of times every second and automatically adjust compression and rebound damping independently to keep all wheels in contact with the ground.
- 28" Of Usable Travel – The revolutionary MaxLink 28” Suspension system attaches the front shocks directly to the lower arms, allowing for the use of longer shocks delivering a massive 27 inches of travel in the front and 28 inches in the rear, while patented rear toe link keeps the rear suspension tracking, delivering a more comfortable, controlled ride.
- Refinement and Rideability – Innovative technology like RIDE COMMAND and Rockford Fosgate® audio, coupled with the refined design of fold-flat storage and bolstered bucket seats with four-way adjustability and multi-point harnesses bring next-level comfort and convenience to the thrill ride.
- Stopping Power – 4-wheel hydraulic discs with triple-bore front and dual-bore rear calipers and aluminum top hat rotors give the rider control at the pedal and bring the machine to a halt.
RZR Turbo R will be available in Sport, Premium, and Ultimate trims, and will begin shipping Spring 2022.